Date : 04 Sep 2019 – 20 Nov 2019
Venue : ECOWAS Commission,
Town : ABUJA
Country : Nigeria
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(Consulting services – individual consultant selection)
Selection of An Individual Consultant as Resource Mobilization and Public Private Partnership Expert to the ECOWAS Project Preparation and Development Unit (PPDU)
Reference No. ICS/PPDU-AECID/PROC—AU/01
The Project Preparation and Development Unit (PPDU) is a specialized agency of the ECOWAS Commission and is based in the Togolese Republic. With a view to strengthen the its capacity, the ECOWAS PPDU intends to engage the services of Individual Consultants on a short-term basis to provide Technical Assistance support to the PPDU in carrying out its mandate of fast tracking the delivery of optimally structured, bankable regional infrastructure projects.
This Technical Assistance will be implemented under the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding signed in February 2015 between the ECOWAS Commission and the Spanish Co-operation for International Development (AECID).
The overall objective of the technical assistance is to support the PPDU in the efficient mobilization of resources and financial structuring of regional infrastructure projects with particular emphasis on public private partnerships.
The consulting services (“the Services”)
shall include but not necessarily limited to the duties and
responsibilities outlined below:
– Develop a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy for PPDU including preparing relevant documents for the organization of Technical and Financial partners fora and meetings;
– Undertake comprehensive analysis of the studies completed by PPDU and prepare a strategic document for each study to facilitate resource mobilization;
– Assist/advise on the operationalization of the Infrastructure Developer Challenge Fund and Infrastructure Advisory Facility as foreseen in the PPDU Regulation;
– Develop operational guidelines, procedures and criteria for the identification, screening, selection and evaluation of PPP suitable projects considering the special features of the infrastructure sector;
– Assess the different PPP modalities for the projects and advise on the PPP modality that will provide the best value;
– Assist Project Units of ECOWAS Member States on Infrastructure Project Financing and Structuring
– Actively participate and contribute to all meetings / workshops organized by PPDU
– Any other duties assigned by PPDU Management
The ECOWAS PPDU now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) Project Financing, Business Administration and/or a related field.
PPP Certification from a recognized institution will be an advantage
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the development of infrastructure PPPs including policy development, management of the legal and institutional framework as well as the financial and technical aspects of projects;
• Proven understanding of strategic and regulatory issues on PPPs in developing countries;
• Proven knowledge of the role of the private sector in public service delivery in developing countries;
• Excellent knowledge of PPP regulation including legislation in ECOWAS countries;
• Excellent knowledge of project promotion (for potential future PPP developers);
• Proven experience of preparation of at least one PPP Project up to Financial Closure within the past seven years in a developing country
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and a multicultural environment;
The individual consultants should be fluent in at least two of the Official working languages of ECOWAS (English, French or Portuguese) and the knowledge of a third ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
The duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of 10 calendar months renewable up a maximum of 24 months subject to satisfactory performance
NB: The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
Interested consultants may obtain further information on PPDU at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT to 5.00 pm GMT.
Email: email@example.com, with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest (1 original and 2 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of An Individual Consultant as Resource Mobilization and Public Private Partnership Expert to the ECOWAS Project Preparation and Development Unit)”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below latest by 4th November, 2019 at 11.00 am (GMT).
The PPDU Tender Box is located in the Office of PPDU located at IMMEUBLE BIDC Third Floor, 128 Boulevard du 13 Janvier, Lome, TOGO.
Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement