Date : 04 Sep 2019 – 20 Nov 2019
Venue : ECOWAS Commission,
Town : ABUJA
Country : Nigeria
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(Consulting services – individual consultant selection)
Selection of An Individual Consultant as Senior Transport Expert to the ECOWAS Project Preparation and Development Unit (PPDU)
Reference No. ICS/PPDU-AECID/PROC—AU/02
The Project Preparation and Development Unit (PPDU) is a specialized agency of the ECOWAS Commission and is based in the Togolese Republic. With a view to strengthen the its capacity, the ECOWAS PPDU intends to engage the services of Individual Consultants on a short-term basis to provide Technical Assistance support to the PPDU in carrying out its mandate of fast tracking the delivery of optimally structured, bankable regional infrastructure projects. This Technical Assistance will be implemented under the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding signed in February 2015 between the ECOWAS Commission and the Spanish Co-operation for International Development (AECID).
The overall objective of the technical assistance is to support the PPDU in the efficient identification, preparation and structuring of regional transport in line with international best practice.
The consulting services (“the Services”)
shall include but not necessarily limited to the duties and
responsibilities outlined below:
– Assist/advise the PPDU in establishing a framework for monitoring the progress of the transport component of the ECOWAS Infrastructure Development Masterplan in terms of studies, funding and implementation and propose appropriate solutions;
– Advice on how to supervise the various stages of preparation and development of transport projects to make them bankable: identification, studies, funding, achievements;
– Identify the potential and development opportunities of railway projects that may be supported by the Unit across ECOWAS region;
– Support the PPDU in the project preparatory activities on the Dakar – Bamako Railway Project
– Establish a comprehensive database of all regional transport projects being undertaken in the ECOWAS region.
– Assist/advise on regional transport project in terms of design, funding & implementation.
– Assist Project Units of ECOWAS Member States in the preparation of regional transport projects
– Actively participate and contribute to meetings / workshops organized by PPDU
– Any other duties assigned by PPDU Management
The ECOWAS PPDU now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) Engineering, Transport Economics and/or a related field.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the development of transport infrastructure preferably in developing countries, including policy development, management of the legal and institutional framework as well as the financial and technical aspects of projects;
• Minimum of 5 years experience of regional railway projects and the operation of railway in the region
• Proven understanding of strategic and regulatory issues on regional transport projects;
• Proven knowledge of economic and financial evaluation of transport projects;
• A sound knowledge of the status of ECOWAS transport infrastructure as well as its opportunities and challenges;
• A sound knowledge of procurement procedures with multilateral banks or international organizations;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and a multicultural environment;
The individual consultants should be fluent in at least two of the working languages of ECOWAS (English, French or Portuguese) and the knowledge of a third ECOWAS Official language would be an advantage.
The duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of 10 calendar months and is renewable up a maximum of 24 months subject to satisfactory performance
NB: The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
The Consultants will be selected in
accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the
Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed
for the position.
Interested consultants may obtain further information on PPDU at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT to 5.00 pm GMT.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with copy to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com;
Expressions of Interest (1 original and 2 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of An Individual Consultant as Senior Transport Expert to the ECOWAS Project Preparation and Development Unit)”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below latest by 4th November, 2019 at 11.00 am (GMT).
The PPDU Tender Box is located in the Office of PPDU located at IMMEUBLE BIDC Third Floor, 128 Boulevard du 13 Janvier, Lome, TOGO.
Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement